ISM – Industrial Steel and Manufacturing provides steel construction solutions through detailing, fabrication, and erection. We are proud to have been component to hundreds of projects throughout British Columbia.
To hear what our partners are saying about us, click here.
Reporting to the President, this role Manages the Human Resources and Safety functions of the business. HR responsibilities are supported by the Management teams in Shop and Field operations, while the OHS responsibilities are supported by ISM’s external Safety Consultant.
What We Offer:
- Compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP matching program
- HR Diploma, Certificate, or Degree with 5 years HR experience
- Working knowledge of BC Employment Standards and HR best practices
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe administration and OHS best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to travel to and from various jobsites throughout the Lower Mainland
- Full-cycle HR activities
- Generate bi-weekly payroll
- Primary contact for employee payroll inquiries
- Administer the benefits plan, GRSP Program, and Apprenticeship Program
- Maintain records for vacation and attendance tracking
- Support managers with the employee life cycle: recruitment, development, and separation
- Organize corporate culture-building events
Operational Health & Safety:
- Manage WorkSafe administration activities
- BCCSA COR Internal Auditor Certification (2 day course)
- Maintain COR Certification via:
- Lead annual internal audits
- Coordinate external audits as required
- Managing physical and electronic safety documentation
- Schedule and retain documentation for safety meetings
- Manage employee training records and certifications
- Provide safety documentation for corporate contracts
Please note that this position is only available to residents of Canada.
We thank everyone who applies for this position, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.