ISM – Industrial Steel and Manufacturing provides steel construction solutions through detailing, fabrication, and erection. We are proud to have been component to hundreds of projects throughout British Columbia.
To hear what our partners are saying about ISM – Industrial Steel and Manufacturing, click here
We are currently looking for a Steel Fabrication and Erection Estimator to join our team in Delta, BC.
What we Offer:
- Compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP matching program
- Relocation assistance within Canada
- Minimum 5 years’ estimating experience in steel fabrication and erection
- Able to read and interpret engineering specifications, engineered design drawings, specifications, scope of work, tender documents, and contracts
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to reliably travel between the office and job sites
- Preferred experience in Bluebeam and/or Tekla
- Preferred experience as a structural steel detailer / project management
- Preferred related education in structural engineering
- Review and analyze labor, bills of materials, project designs, and fabrication and erection costs
- Gather data required in preparing structural and miscellaneous steel construction estimates
- Prepare material takeoff, contingency, escalation, and reconciliation documents
- Prepare estimate presentations and develop an estimate basis
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects
- Remain current with the CISC Code of Standard Practice and the BC Building Code
- Communicate tender updates, market intelligence, and other information which may affect the firm’s position
- Create, maintain, and grow relationships with stakeholders
Please note that this position is only available to residents of Canada.